Sunday 4 December 2016

One afternoon in Geneva

 Yesterday looked like a nice day to go to Geneva, I had so much fun with my friend.

I especially loved visiting the Musée d’art et d’histoire de Genève where I took some nice pictures (I must go back with my camera though, because my iPhone doesn't do them justice)…
However, it was a particularly lucky day to visit the museum since there were few people and most of the time it looked like I was the only visitor...


(one of the rooms on the 2nd floor)
...and this is the closeup of that wonderful painting:
Nicolas-Didier Boguet (Chantilly, 1755-Rome, 1839)
Paysage italien avec Mélibée et Tityre
ca. 1790
Oil on canvas

And later on this quartet by Alexandre Calame (Vevey, 1810 - Menton, 1864):


L'Hiver1851
 Oil on canvas


L'Automne
1851
Oil on canvas

L'Été
1850
Oil on canvas

Le Printemps
1850
Oil on canvas

And finally, my favourite painting from this exposition, by Pierre-Auguste Renoir (Limoges, 1841 - Cagnes-sur-Mer, 1919):
Vue de Cagnes
ca. 1908 
Oil on canvas